The wonderful color variations in Hook & Loom's wool rugs are made by utilizing wool from sheep of different colors...there is no dye used at any stage of production. The rugs are hand-woven and the edges are bound by hand using matching yarn. This requires more effort, but it raises the quality of the rugs and fulfills their "no chemicals" and "no latex" rules.
But the benefits don't end there...most of the rugs are also reversible. The subtle appearance shift of the inverted pattern means you get two rugs in one! This yields twice the wear between cleanings, which is better for the environment and easier for you. And the hand-bound edges lend a durable beauty to the rugs.
The scales on wool fibers hold onto dirt until it is vacuumed away, which helps the rug stay cleaner. Also, wool fibers absorb airborne pollutants, so wool rugs can actually help clean the air in your home! Plus wool is fire retardant, so no flame-proofing chemicals are needed.
Why Hook & Loom natural wool rugs?
- Hook & Loom's mission is to make beautiful, comfortable, durable, safe rugs without harming the earth.
- Their natural undyed wool rugs use only the color variations of natural breeds of sheep, carefully hand-woven into rich, refined patterns.
- No glues, latex or other bonding agents are used to hold their rugs together...they are simply woven and bound using time-honored methods.
- These unique rugs combine luxurious quality with a strong commitment to the Earth and her people. We think that's the best of both worlds!
- Rug prices start at $45 including shipping. Swatches are available; click images below to see rug designs and purchase.
Click the rug photos below to see all three rug categories. And please contact us if you have any questions.